Changes in the Mix

   Now, it was time to apply the feedback to the film. Today, I wanted to focus on editing the audio and transitions. The audio comments were still frustrating because of how much effort I had put in. But I knew it was my responsibility to fix the mistakes.

  So, I went back to my process of slicing the audio and attempting to separate the wind from the dialogue. It turned out as good as I could get it. I had put in so many hours and could not give any more. There was only so much we could do. For one scene, we were able to use a voiceover. But fighting the wind did not work because we couldn’t get the audio matched up to the conversations.

 We cut some more time for the transitions so they would line up better. This got us to our perfect time, which made us excited. Also used a filter in our editing software to help blend scenes well.  It’s called mix. It’s very subtle and blends the scenes nicely. The other thing that assisted with transitions was the changing of audio. Once it sounded better, we were able to fade the audio between clips. This helps to connect the viewer’s hearing and visuals as they watch. We still have to work on the lighting. In addition, add in the titles, studios, and movie names.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Short Film Review

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule but schedule your priorities!

Clips and Time Crunching